lundi 31 août 2015

DockerHub Private Repo Login. More secure way?

I've seen articles such as this one about pulling from private repos and the "best" way to do it. What I understand is, if I want to automate any infrastructure to pull my docker images from dockerhub I need to:

  • Have a user I can login with.
  • Save the users creds in some application that will spin up my infrastructure (be it EC2 User data, a config file for ansible, or ENV variables in some API).
  • When the machine spins up it uses this user's credentials to login and place a token on the machine. All is well.

I'm wondering if there is any functionality to use application keys / tokens instead of needing to tie this to a user. It seems like it would be more secure/convenient if I could manage application keys to do have access to my user/organization's DockerHub account. Then I could yank the keys or change my password and not worry about the sky falling.

Is something like this available, coming, or is there a solution I haven't come across yet?

Thanks!



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire